At Allegro we take privacy seriously.
Your privacy is important to us. This Policy explains what information we collect about you and how we process it. Please take a few minutes to read it.
Allegro Optical Limited (“we”) trading on the internet as www.allegrooptical.co.uk, (as well as other sites owned and operated by Allegro Optical Limited which can be located there), run the sites for visitors who wish to find out more about our business and for visitors who wish to purchase our products and services (“you”) using the Sites. We are registered with the UK Information Commissioner as a data controller and we will comply with the data protection legislation in England and Wales.
Your access, use of and submission of an order via the Sites constitutes your explicit consent to us collecting and processing your personal data, in the manner described in this Policy. If you disagree with the way we process data collected on the Sites, we recommend that you do not use the Sites.
- What type of data do we collect about you?
Personal data relating to Internet users viewing the Sites may be collected and processed through the Sites on each of the following occasions:
- data regarding navigation may be collected by our web servers or by cookies when you are browsing the Sites;
- data regarding your identity and email address may be collected when you send an email to us through the Sites (if you choose to do so), for instance via the ‘Contact’ page or where you submit an Order Form in accordance with our Terms and Conditions;
- data regarding your identity may be collected by the Sites on registration for online ordering; and
- data regarding your identity, medical details as contained on any prescription or other supporting information that you provide to us, whether by email, telephone, fax or post.
Upon collection, the personal data will be stored for as long as is reasonably necessary to provide goods and services, including after-sales services to you, in accordance with our Terms and Conditions, a copy of which can be accessed here.
- What is a cookie?
A cookie is a tiny element of data that is stored on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you access a website. The Sites makes use of the following types of cookie technology to distinguish you from other users of the Sites:
- A “Session cookie”, which contains a random ID number automatically allocated to your computer by the web server for the duration of your visit. It is meant to make your use of the Sites faster and easier. It will be deactivated after thirty minutes of inactivity on the Sites and will be automatically removed from your computer when you close your browser.
- A “Script generated cookie” is automatically allocated to your computer when you register to access any restricted areas of the Sites and on each subsequent visit. It only contains an identifier which will enable the Sites to identify you as a registered user so that you do not have to identify yourself again while you move from one server to another during your visit. It will remain on your computer after your visit until you remove it. It will be placed on your computer again at your next visit to the Sites.
- Third-party cookies
We may use third-party advertising companies or affiliates to display advertisements on our Sites. These third-party advertising companies or affiliates may separately place or recognise a cookie file on your browser in the course of delivering advertisements to the Sites. We cannot see the information collected or stored in third party cookies and we have no control over them. We do not provide personal data about you to these third party advertisers or affiliates or to any other third party.
- What is a cookie?
- Removing and disabling cookies
If you don’t want us to place cookies on your computer at all, you can set your browser to disable or reject cookies. This will mean that no websites will be able to place cookies on your computer. You can do this by adjusting the preferences in your browser. This may mean, however, that you will not be able to enjoy full use of all parts of the Sites.
If you want to remove previously-stored cookies, you can manually delete the cookies at any time. This will not prevent websites from placing further cookies on your computer.
To find out exactly how to disable/remove, please go to www.aboutcookies.org
- What we do with the information we collect about you
Data collected by web servers and cookies
The web servers that serve the Sites collect the IP address of users who visit the Sites, their Site navigation information (page requested, time of the request, browser type and server response) as well as the username if the user has registered to any restricted areas of the Sites.
This information is regularly aggregated and de-identified so that the number of visits to the Sites and its pages, the average time spent on the Sites and the pages viewed, can be measured and analysed to improve our product offerings and marketing approach and to improve the Site’s content and functionality. This information will not be used to create individual visitors’ profiles. We will not track the individual navigation of visitors, except in very limited cases where a visitor faces navigation problems which require a technical intervention to correct the problem or to detect potential intrusions.
Data collecting on sending an email to the owner
You may want to send an email to us through the Sites, for instance via the ‘Contact’ pages. By doing so, you will provide us with basic information about yourself, such as your email address, telephone numbers, your name, your query and this could include certain medical information.
We will not use the information you provide when sending us emails for purposes other than responding to your message, handling your query or your Order, analysing your feedback and/or suggestions for improving the Sites.
Data collected through submission of order form
In addition to a copy of your prescription from a registered medical practitioner or registered ophthalmic optician, or details thereof as applicable, you are required to provide the personal information set out in the Order Form.
This information, as well as your password, is processed by us for the purpose of processing your Order Form, delivering goods to you and otherwise performing our obligations arising from any contracts that we enter into with you, as well as providing you with any goods that you request from us. If you do not wish to register, but would still like product or service information, all you need to do is to call the telephone number provided on the ‘Contact’ page or send us an email.
If you specify on the “Cardholder Details” page that you are interested in receiving news from Allegro Optical, your personal data will be used and transferred for direct marketing purposes. Except as expressly stated in this Policy and in our Terms and Conditions we will not send you email messages or junk mail, and your details will not be passed to ANY organisation beyond Allegro Optical without your explicit permission.
- Transfer of the data collected via the Sites to third parties
Data collected by web servers and cookies is not transferred to any third parties.
Data collected by sending an email may be provided, to the extent necessary to handle your Order, to our offices or laboratories (including those of our affiliates, agents or representatives) as well as vendors whose assistance is needed to handle your query.
Data collected through the Sites may also be transferred to others from time to time in the following cases as needed to perform the data processing purposes described in this Policy:
- at your request, on your order or subject to your prior agreement, to recipients specified by you;
- to authorised third parties in compliance with our statutory or regulatory obligations;
- to recipients who are operators acting on our behalf in their capacity as agent, authorised proxy, sub-contractor, service provider or in any other capacity, including suppliers in charge of hosting or maintaining the Sites;
- to our laboratories;
- other third party businesses selected by us for the purposes of direct marketing, if you tick the relevant box on the “Cardholder Details Page” page;
- in case of a change of control or acquisition or the whole or part of the assets or business of Allegro Optical Limited, the data collected through the Sites will be transferred to the acquiring entity.
Transferring your data outside Europe
Currently, we do not transfer your data outside Europe.
- Subject access rights
At law, you have the following rights
- a subject access right which enables you to be told whether we hold any personal data about you and to obtain a copy of that information;
- a right to get personal data relating to you rectified, completed, updated, blocked or erased when incomplete, unclear, obsolete or processed unlawfully;
- a right to object to the processing of data relating to you on legitimate grounds and a right to object free of charge to the use of data for solicitation purposes.
We will comply with such rights as provided under applicable law. If you wish to exercise your subject access right, please contact us in writing at the address set out on the Sites with sufficient information to identify yourself and the information you require. We will respond to your request within 40 days of receipt. We reserve the right to charge you £10 for complying with a subject access request.
Except if provided to others in the circumstances set out in this Policy, the data supplied by you will be kept on the Sites’ secure servers and computer systems. If we give you a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data in the course of its transmission to our Sites and any transmission is at your own risk.
- Links from the website to other websites
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy from time to time and reserve the right to do so. Any changes to the Policy will appear on this page, which you should check from time to time. By continuing to use the Sites you are deemed to accept changes to this Policy.
- Contacting us
If you wish to obtain further information about us and/or the contents of this Policy, you can contact us by email, post or telephone at:
0113 345 2272.
International Customers please call (+44) 113 345 2272
Allegro Optical Ltd, 15 Queen Square, Leeds, LS2 8AJ